Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The check engine light came on today on my wife's 2012 avenger. I took it to autozone and had them run a diagnostic test on it. The test came back as possible battery problem, the auto zone guy said it was probably a loose connection on the battery. Could that really be the problem or is something else the problem. It ran a little sluggish my wife said when the light first came on. Any help appreciated

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
Welcome to the forum! A little more info as to the history of your ride would be helpful (eng. size,mileage,DTC's) If it has the original battery still, it may be on the downhill slide. Get one with the highest CCA possible that fits dimensionally.
Please drop by the newbie check in page and introduce yourself to the whole forum family.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum! A little more info as to the history of your ride would be helpful (eng. size,mileage,DTC's) If it has the original battery still, it may be on the downhill slide. Get one with the highest CCA possible that fits dimensionally.
Please drop by the newbie check in page and introduce yourself to the whole forum family.
Thanks rebel, it was the battery, wife tried to start it this morning and it didn't start, so I went to autozone and got a new battery, man replacing the battery was a pain but got it done.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yea wouldn't hurt if it was in better place.
It took me about an hour today when i replaced my 9 years old original battery with Optima YellowTop. (2008 Avenger) It barely fitted in the original place with original bracket but now is good and snug.

EDIT: And welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
Glad it was just a battery for you all, And yes the sedans battery is in an awkward place! Maybe that is why I an holding on to my !st Gen. coupe, the battery is in the engine bay! HaHa

EDIT : And if you should encounter any other concerns with your Avenger, Your fellow Avenger owners are here to help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts