Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having my car randmomly shut off on me while driving it noe makes a clanking noise when i turn the key to acc. And clanks again once i start the car, but not after it runs. If i rev the car, you can hear the clanking noise then aswell. I need help further diognosing my issue.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Possibly something loose or possibly one of your mounts is worn? Revving the engine causes torque that twists the drive train on it's various mounts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This morning i took out the air box and found my noise. Its gurgling from the throttle body. I haven't been able to take the throttle body off but could this be the issue or something past it that could cause this.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Any check engine codes?

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Could be the intake manifold runner control sticking?

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
That red light is an issue with your throttle body.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, i found some where saying something similar but im glad to have that confirmed. Going to try cleaning the throttle body tonight. Still wondering why its gurgling.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cleaned the throttle body but still having the gurgling noise from the throttle body. Had my dad working on it with me and he thinks its possibly the fuel system (mainly the fuel pump).

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Don't think the fuel pump would be making a gurgling sound. Did you actually use a good scanner to check for codes? The intake runner control on the 2.4's can be an issue too. Something you might want to look into if your other attempts don't work:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts