Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 08 2.4 vvt avenger with 165000 miles and my issue is I broke the intake camshaft and it jumped time I have correctly timed but I am getting one code p0017 so I dropped the oil pan because it was leaking and was wondering if there was a dirty whatever there would that be the cause of the code it cranks up just fine but will not idle without help I have also changed the throttle body the two camshaft sensors and the crankcase sensor along with coils and sparkplugs .thank I sure could use a little help. I'm no Charlie Daniels of the torque wrench .thank you .

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
Code posted say differently from your statement. Go back and recheck your work. IF you suspect sludge, with the VVT system you may find the oil control solenoid "gunked up". It's on the back side of the cylinder head.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have double and triple checked all timing marks thanks that would be a good i idea to check the solenoid there was alt of grit and pieces of the timing chain guide in the oil pan probably. Need to change the oil filter as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5rebel19 you hit the nail on the head my friend that was the correct solution to my issue that I been having clogged up vvt system oil control solonoids thank you

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
5rebel19 you hit the nail on the head my friend that was the correct solution to my issue that I been having clogged up vvt system oil control solonoids thank you
Glad to have been of help. Hope you can keep yours running well for a long time now. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts