Cleaning the interior after purchasing used Avenger | Dodge Avenger Forum

Cleaning the interior after purchasing used Avenger

Discussion in 'Detailing and General Maintenance Forum' started by itkonen, Jul 9, 2017.

1. itkonen

itkonen New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I bought my car for a few weeks ago. As usual it was fixed by dealer but since they do it fast and want to make profit, it is usually not very detailed and or well done...

As you can see from this bucket. Washing water from drivers seat only after cleaning..

First I fixed cracks in the drivers seat and then started cleaning the interior. Floor lining and floor mats I washed about 10 times with Kärcher textile washer using regular washing machine liquid as a cleaning solvent in the washer. And rubbed hard stains with marseille soap and a dish brush. Then repaired a crack in drivers floor mat with Liquisole from behind.

Roof liner I cleaned with a textile foam and sponge. Hardest stains got a little help with a gentle brush.

Seats were washed with a cotton cloath and marseille soap all over. Then vinyl was treated with autoglym Vinyl and rubber care a few times and leather ( inserts of seats, steering wheel and shifter ) with Presta Leather Conditioner about 3-4 times.

All plastic parts ( dash, center console, pillars and doorway sills ) I cleaned with vinyl and rubber care and a dish brush and clean towels. Amount of dirt was unbelievable even they looked pretty clean?

Door and window seals also got vinyl and rubber care treatment twice, first take most dirt off and let soak, then wipe "clean" and do it again.

I am now quite happy with the results considering that car is 2009 and so 8 years old allready :)

Only thing still dirty is parcel shelf. But that is another story since I decided to colour it from cream-colour to grey at the same time I change speakers.

FinnAvenger, Intrepid and 5rebel9 like this.
  2. 5rebel9

5rebel9 Active Member Site Supporter Level 1 Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Seems to me that you will give FinnAvenger a "run for his money" on best looking Finland based Avenger! Not really fair though, seeing he is separated from his Avenger for quite some time now.

3. FinnAvenger

FinnAvenger Member

Media:
    Haha!
    That's true. :D

My plan was to deep clean all the carpets this summer but didn't had time to do so.

You car does look brand new from the inside. :)