Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to go to work this morning and when I started the car I heard a tapping noise coming from the engine bay. My car has a 2.4 in it. Shut the car off and got out and checked all the fluids , everything was full. Drove to work about 15 miles and the car is running perfect no lights on except for the engine light which is on because previous owner changed the exhaust and the catalytic converter pops now. I am off today and going to start to eliminate things one at a time and hope it's not a bearing making the noise. Anyone else have this happen and what did you find out was the problem?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm curious as well as to what as to what might be causing this.
Please keep Us updated!!
Doc

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
You'll have to try to pin point the area that the sound is coming from. Could be many noises coming from the engine bay. If you need, pick up an inexpensive automotive stethoscope from your local parts supplier. It's a great tool to have to localize noises.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'll have to try to pin point the area that the sound is coming from. Could be many noises coming from the engine bay. If you need, pick up an inexpensive automotive stethoscope from your local parts supplier. It's a great tool to have to localize noises.
I'm curious as well as to what as to what might be causing this.
Please keep Us updated!!
Doc
Well checked it out and the belt is tight and all the pulleys seem to running true and straight. Checked the plugs as I had just put new plugs in a couple months back they are all tight. So I started unhooking 1 coil at a time and when I unhooked the one 2nd from the drivers side the clicking stopped. Hooked it back up and it started again. I am going to change the coils tomorrow and see if that is the real problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts