Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I bought the 2014 avenger my clock was running slow. Then the brake licht started coming on intermittently. Battery died at 32000 miles had that and terminals replaced. Next car shut off while idling at a stop. I suspect all these things are related. It feels as if the dealership won't think outside the pc codes. Ps pc codes gave no error reading for the brake light. Any advice would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
6,807 Posts
Hello and WELCOME ,
I drive the old 2dr. coupe avenger, BUT I do recall that in this page there was a very similar post about the clock/ radio and determined to be a fault in the radio. IT was a specific type as there are different grades of audio systems for your avenger. If you can take a look through the posts here as it may be a few pages back.
Good hunting and let us know how things go.
Also as far as dealer issue , are you explaining when and how these things show up? Not everything can be traced to a DTC

·
Registered
24 Posts
I drive for a car rental company. I have found the slow running clock to be a VERY common issue on Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep vehicles. Whether an Avenger, 200, 300, Caravan, Town & Country etc.

I had already been driving for them for several months before I bought my Avenger, so when I noticed my car doing this, I just wrote it off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts