Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2011 Avenger Heat 3.6L V6 with about 87,000 miles. Recently every once in awhile my engine light and the (I think it is) the traction control light comes on when I turn on my car. If the TC light stays on, my acceleration gets weird and I can't get up to highway speeds (or just cuts off all together). If the TC light comes on and I turn off then turn my car back on the TC light goes away but the engine light stays on. The acceleration is normal once the TC light turns off. After a few days, the engine light will turn off, then maybe like 3-4 days it'll do it all over again.

I checked with a mechanic and the codes are C121C and P0340. Basically, I was just wondering if anyone has come across this before? If so, what was the outcome? Price to fix? Easy/quick fix? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That's a weird one for sure. I know that our cars start doing strange things electrically when the battery gets 5 years or older. That might be a good starting point. Hopefully it's not your PCM or your ABS module. Strange having those 2 codes together?

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from what i can gather you have a camshaft position sensor (bank 1) acting up and it can set the ABS code (what I call a GHOST code) due to the engines poor running condition. Check out the camshaft position sensor and connector first and the other code may very well go away. But DEFINITELY check your battery and connections(YES it is a bear to get at)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts