Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my 2010 SXT started throwing this code (P0365) and my reader shows it as Camshaft Position Sensor. I googled it because typically sensors are an easy fix, but all I could find was crankshaft sensor information. Does anyone know where I can find the camshaft sensor and if it's something I can do easily? I moved cross country so I'm short a garage now :cry:

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Hope this helps:

2010 2.4L FRONT

FRONT CAM SENSOR

FRONT CAM SENSOR

1. Remove the air cleaner hose to throttle body, disconnect the inlet air temperature sensor electrical connector.
  2. Disconnect negative battery cable.
  3. Disconnect electrical connector from camshaft position sensor.
  4. Remove camshaft position sensor mounting screws.
CAM SENSOR

CAM SENSOR

1. Remove sensor.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
This too:

2010 2.4L REAR

REAR CAM SENSOR SHIELD INSTALLED

REAR CAM SENSOR SHIELD INSTALLED

1. Disconnect negative battery cable.
  2. Disconnect electrical connector at sensor.
  3. Remove nut retaining heat shield.
REAR CAM SENSOR SHIELD REMOVED

REAR CAM SENSOR SHIELD REMOVED

1. Pull heat shield out to uncover sensor.
  2. Remove mounting bolt.
CAM SENSOR

CAM SENSOR

1. Remove sensor.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm trying to switch this out right now and man I wish it was as easy as the pictures.. everything is so crammed together back there 🙄

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I hope you are using what came with it and not aftermarket parts. NKT/ NKG are the most common OE parts used by Mother Mopar.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope you are using what came with it and not aftermarket parts. NKT/ NKG are the most common OE parts used by Mother Mopar.
I got a sensor from autozone, gave up trying to do it myself and brought it to a garage today. They told me they fixed it up, charged me for it and then I took up off the road. Car maxed out at 30 mph so I turned right back around to bring it back. No idea what's going on

·
Premium Member
6,682 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like another case of just do what the owner wants and nothing more. There are other things to check beyond just changing a sensor per code number. Like checking the wires to it and also noting for other possible causes, like with the VVT system oil control solenoid(s) for the cam phasers. And on quick code look up, the Crank sensor could also be bad. Testing voltages and resistances before condemning a particular sensor will save MONEY and heartache.
Keep us "in the loop" as to how things go for you and ride. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This has got to me the most confusing problem with my car so far. We ended up putting the old sensor back in since it worked better than the new one and the code and CEL went away. I went to visit family over the weekend and it essentially maxed out at 3,000 rpm on the highway but would still go up in speed when I hit the gas. (I had to almost floor it though for any increase in speed.) It turns out that I'm ALSO leaking transmission fluid, I believe it's just from a bad gasket though. Could this have been the cause of the weird highway driving?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts