Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Avenger 2.0 CRD SXT
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided a while ago that I wanted to change the interior from the sea of grey.
It’s still a work in progress, but after a lot of leather dying, wrapping, and painting, I’ve decided to put up some pics of the work so far.
I dyed my seats a shade of red that was too bright, but I think this shade looks more like the red on the outside.
I removed the rear seats to dye, but repainted them in situ.
the front seats were dyed inside the car, and I’ve given them a lot of coats of the fixative to keep them scratch free.
The steering wheel has had the same treatment.
I’ve dyed the carpets black and need to apply something so I can clean them in the future.
I’ve used fabric dye on the seatbelts (which need a few more coats of black) and Plastikote paint on the panels.
I’ve removed smaller parts, but the larger parts have either been sprayed in the car after a lot of masking, or brush painted with a tiny brush so as not to leave brush strokes in the finish.
All the panels need a top coat and lacquer to finish them.
I’ve dyed the head liner, and parcel shelf without removing them.
I’ve wrapped the majority out the dash in carbon fibre, and the gearstick surround.
I’ve not finished the door panels yet, I’m still experimenting with the right shade of red to match the seats and dash.
Carpet and dash pics are from before I started on the seats. I’ve not bothered with pics of the parcel shelf or head liner unless anyone wants to see them.
Thanks GermanAvi for all your motivation. 👍

Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Trunk

Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Car White Light Vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Synthetic rubber Automotive design Peripheral Tints and shades Mouse

Car Vehicle Plant Automotive design Motor vehicle

Speedometer Gear shift Steering part Motor vehicle Odometer

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Wow, the work paid off. Great job:cool:

Reactions: GermanAvi

·
Registered
Dodge Avenger 2.7 SXT 6Speed Autostick
112 Posts
Hey Johnny.
Unbelievable. You’ve done most way. It looks that awesome. Just a few details to finish. We’re more than impressed. My wife wants to have all the pics because she fell in love with the interior of your Avi. Man. Woooow. Nice.
Highclass and that sporty.
Great great 😊

God bless you Johnny
and all of us friends.

·
Registered
Avenger 2.0 CRD SXT
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, both of you.
Your messages are a massive source of motivation.
I can't wait to get it all finished.
The weather has been too bad this week so far, to do my seatbelts and door skins. Crossing my fingers for good weather on the weekend 🤞
Ill send you some pics as it all progresses.
Take care, both of you 🙂

·
Registered
Dodge Avenger 2.7 SXT 6Speed Autostick
112 Posts
Wow…
That’s so impressive. Johnny your awesome. It looks better than new. As you know we’re so interested in what you are doing to your avenger. Unfortunately my health conditions gone down the drain. So we’re not able to come to Britain as planned. A friend of mine is the new owner of Mücke. He stays in the family. Now I’m planning to get to my old form. Means: being healthy.
My wife is still depressed because of our lost 😩.
But the car is reachable every time.
Perhaps next year. I think it will be a Diesel. But for shure it’ll be an Avenger.
let’s stay in contact man.
God bless you all.
Sascha Marina and Mücke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts