Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for wiring diagrams for a 2010 dodge avenger 2.4l .
I've noticed that when the transmission goes into limp mode it shuts off power to the shift solenoid. I'm sure that is what it was designed to do. I can let the car sit over night, clear the code and can drive it until it reaches operating temperature. Then it will go into limp in mode again.
The car has 116000 miles. I have changed the tipm, the transmission, the solenoid. I still get the same issue. Perhaps it's time to fully chase down the wiring and look at every inch of it.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
I think the 40TE is for the 2.4 and the 41TE is for the 2.7.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Here's a PDF, not sure if the attachement will work.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
I believe they are about the same. No the throttle body doesn't have anything to do with shifting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am looking for wiring diagrams for a 2010 dodge avenger 2.4l .
I've noticed that when the transmission goes into limp mode it shuts off power to the shift solenoid. I'm sure that is what it was designed to do. I can let the car sit over night, clear the code and can drive it until it reaches operating temperature. Then it will go into limp in mode again.
The car has 116000 miles. I have changed the tipm, the transmission, the solenoid. I still get the same issue. Perhaps it's time to fully chase down the wiring and look at every inch of it.
I had the same problem on my 2010 Avenger 2.4L and ended up getting a computer control module from Flashmastersecm.com for around $250. I studied wiring diagrams and found that the wire going to the transmission solenoid pack was not getting voltage from the computer module as it is supposed to. The wire that supplies voltage is yellow with an orange stripe and should always have 12v voltage when you turn the key on and continue to have voltage after the car starts. I did exactly the same thing as you as far as replacing the tipm and trans to no avail, costly and frustrating as hell. My library here in San Bernardino, Calif was able to access Chiltons repair manual online with all wiring schematics. Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts