Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a 2013 dodge avenger se, got the 4 cylinder, and i was wondering if anyone has the same problem i do, sometimes right when i start it and drive maybe a block down the road and turn my traction control light will blink and it’s like the car goes in neutral and when i give it gas it just revs and doesn’t give the wheels power to go then finally it’ll grab again and go prolly the longest it’s happened is only 5 maybe 10 seconds, also another questions is when i get like say 5%-10% on the throttle i can hear a rattling noise and when i let go of the throttle i hear a rattling noise, was wondering if anyone knew what was wrong with my car between any of those problems i got and if anyone knows how to fix it and what not, thank you!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Difficult to say since we don't know the history of the car. Have you checked your fluid levels, the trans fluid may be low so when you come to a hard stop or a turn the remaining fluid sloshes to one side? The rattling can be many things, maybe a loose heat shield. You'll have to jack the car up and look and feel for anything that may be hanging down or loose.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Difficult to say since we don't know the history of the car. Have you checked your fluid levels, the trans fluid may be low so when you come to a hard stop or a turn the remaining fluid sloshes to one side? The rattling can be many things, maybe a loose heat shield. You'll have to jack the car up and look and feel for anything that may be hanging down or loose.
thank you, i’ll have to check and look into it more, but i checked my transmission fluid the other day and it was fine and this has been happening for a lil bit now but i’m thinking ab changing my transmission fluid out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts