Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 dodge avenger 4 liter,I put all new brakes, new rear rotors and new emergency brake shoes. I keep hearing some constant grinding noise when the weather is cold it is loud in the morning when it is fresh outside,but in the afternoon when it is warm it stops. but even when I'm driving when it's warm then starts getting cold.it starts getting louder again. But only when I'm driving, when I stop completely it stops, when I continue to drive again it starts again. At this time I don't know what to check anymore.any suggestions please let me know.. thank you very much

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Did you mean 4 cylinder Avenger, there is no 4 liter. Sounds like something may be out of adjustment. You'll have to re-check your installation. Also check that your lug nuts are torqued properly and check for a bent brake dust shield. A grinding sound may also be a bad wheel bearing.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Block the rear wheels of your car Put the trans in neutral and jack up one side of the front to get the tire off the ground. Spin the wheel to see if there is any noise. If there is noise, check the dust shield spacing on the inside of the brake rotor. Then raise the opposite side and spin this wheel. Once again if there is noise check the spacing on the dust shield. I doubt whether your 4 cylinder Avenger has disk brakes so those should be fine but you can also raise them to do a spin test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts