Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the location of the Coolant Temperature Sensor is in the 2012 Avenger R/T?

Mine has gone bad and need to change it out, but don't want to take it somewhere and get charged out the butt for it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
On the Avengers, the engine is transverse (sideways) mounted placing the left head right in front. So the sensor will be all the way to the right and down a little on the head facing forward (towards you).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone know where it’s at on the 3.6? This is my next step to figuring out what my cooling issue is. My fans are only running if my a/c is on. And when they’re running, it’s not fast and they turn off and on every minute or two. Has anyone had this issue? I already tried the relay that’s mounted on the grill (coolant fan relay) and it’s still doing the same. Hoping the coolant temperature sensor is what’s making my fans not run right. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Anyone know where it’s at on the 3.6? This is my next step to figuring out what my cooling issue is. My fans are only running if my a/c is on. And when they’re running, it’s not fast and they turn off and on every minute or two. Has anyone had this issue? I already tried the relay that’s mounted on the grill (coolant fan relay) and it’s still doing the same. Hoping the coolant temperature sensor is what’s making my fans not run right. Thanks in advance
Post #2 of this thread. Click on the image to enlarge for better viewing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know where the location of the Coolant Temperature Sensor is in the 2012 Avenger R/T?

Mine has gone bad and need to change it out, but don't want to take it somewhere and get charged out the butt for it.
Couldn't find the answer anywhere online but now I know. If you can find where the thermostat is then you are in the right area. Take off the intake hose from the air filter to give you more room. Locate the radiator hose going into the engine, that is where the thermostat is housed. Literally right behind the thermostat housing in the temperature sensor, it screws into the back of that housing. There are two things that screw in there, one is a hose and the other has the electrical connection attached to your sensor and it is closer to the engine side. I took the outside small radiator hose off in order to get to it better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Couldn't find the answer anywhere online but now I know for the 3.5 V6 in my 2008 Dodge Avenger. If you can find where the thermostat is then you are in the right area. Take off the intake hose from the air filter to give you more room. Locate the radiator hose going into the engine, that is where the thermostat is housed. Literally right behind the thermostat housing in the temperature sensor, it screws into the back of that housing. There are two things that screw in there, one is a hose and the other has the electrical connection attached to your sensor and it is closer to the engine side. I took the outside small radiator hose off in order to get to it better.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Couldn't find the answer anywhere online but now I know. If you can find where the thermostat is then you are in the right area. Take off the intake hose from the air filter to give you more room. Locate the radiator hose going into the engine, that is where the thermostat is housed. Literally right behind the thermostat housing in the temperature sensor, it screws into the back of that housing. There are two things that screw in there, one is a hose and the other has the electrical connection attached to your sensor and it is closer to the engine side. I took the outside small radiator hose off in order to get to it better.
Thanks for the helpful info:cool:

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Bump

2.4L anyone with diagram for those coolant sensors? I hardly believe 3.6 doesn't even match with the 2.4..
2.4L
2.0/2.4L
CYLINDER BLOCK MOUNTED

OIL SENDER

OIL SENDER
1 - ECT

1. Disconnect negative battery cable.
  2. Partially drain cooling system below level of ECT Sensor.
  3. Disconnect ECT Sensor electrical connector.
  4. Remove ECT Sensor.

COOLANT ADAPTER MOUNTED

ECT - WORLD ENGINE - COOLANT ADAPTER

1 - ETC
2 - COOLANT ADAPTER

2. Partially drain cooling system below level of ECT Sensor (1).
  4. Remove ECT Sensor (1).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks yiu
2.4L
2.0/2.4L
CYLINDER BLOCK MOUNTED

OIL SENDER

OIL SENDER

1 - ECT

2. Partially drain cooling system below level of ECT Sensor.
  4. Remove ECT Sensor.
COOLANT ADAPTER MOUNTED

1 - ETC
2 - COOLANT ADAPTER

2. Partially drain cooling system below level of ECT Sensor (1).
  4. Remove ECT Sensor (1).
Thanks you Intrepid, that's exactly what I needs.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
No problem, glad to help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts