Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its actually happening, ordered and everything. Corsa Catback coming in this Tuesday OR thursday. (Before or after 4th of July). Save this thread to stay updated. Will install on 4th of July if it comes on the 3rd OR the 7th if it comes on the 5th.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Nice, you're going to love it:cool:

I picked up a pair of exhaust hangar pliers.....it really helped getting the factory system out of the hangars. Helps to soak them with some WD40 or similar lube before tackling the job. Should take a couple of hours.

·
Registered
16 Posts
^^^^+1^^^^^ on the wd40. I have been so frustrated at those rubber hangers before i have cut them off and just bought new... The corsa sounds amazing from what videos i have seen .... cant wait for one from you

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
^^^^+1^^^^^ on the wd40. I have been so frustrated at those rubber hangers before i have cut them off and just bought new... The corsa sounds amazing from what videos i have seen .... cant wait for one from you
Although probably not a highly used tool for the DIY'er, They make a special plier for that task. Don't feel it is just an Avenger thing about the hangers, it's like that for A LOT of vehicles!;):) BTDT:rolleyes:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I picked up a pair of exhaust hangar pliers.....it really helped getting the factory system out of the hangars. Helps to soak them with some WD40 or similar lube before tackling the job. Should take a couple of hours.

This is how I have gotten the hangers off in the past, if that failed / my patience wore thin I used the same method as disherry :cool: and another very interesting one involving winch cable, a tree and a the accelerator pedal :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got it set up and everything, pictures aren’t uploading and saying errors when I try to choose them. I will upload a video of the exhaust PLUS compared to a stock 2016 STI. Obviously no racing or anything; there’s no point lol. But yea, it sounds great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

got the exhaust setup. It has a k&n typhoon CAI, Corsa Performance Catback and Giovanna wheels. That’s mostly it. Of course the rest on the car is just to make it entirely black on black. Hopefully do a tune soon. Maybe hemifever.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Car looks good i like the wheels to what size are they... This makes me wanna take a video of my exhaust setup and see how different they sound. Do you have black tips to on the exhaust???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car looks good i like the wheels to what size are they... This makes me wanna take a video of my exhaust setup and see how different they sound. Do you have black tips to on the exhaust???
They’re 20” Haleb Giovanna’s running 245/35R20. I scraped them a bit over the year I’ve had them so ima plastic dip them to get a cleaner look and yes the muffler kit came with black tips.

·
Registered
16 Posts
They’re 20” Haleb Giovanna’s running 245/35R20. I scraped them a bit over the year I’ve had them so ima plastic dip them to get a cleaner look and yes the muffler kit came with black tips.
thanks this is my next investment is wheels and new paint... My car will be the opposite of yours all white lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts