Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I would like to introduce myself, Amy, and I bought a 2010 Dodge Avenger a couple years back now, and i have ran into a few issues like any other vehicles that anyone buys used. 1st issue is the light above my back plate, never put any thought into it, until my daughter got pulled over the other night for it being out, so i went to take a peak to see the type of bulb i needed come to find out the whole housing is missing. I have read some discussions regarding this issue and would help if i knew when i lost the housing unit, if the guy that sold it to me like that, maybe, regardless can anyone give me direction as to where to start looking for the actual housing unit in my bumper? Would i go in from under the bumper or through my trunk to look for the housing? Or am i wrong in this whole thing? I was thinking about getting a new housing unit and insert it in the hole above my license plate, but realized that there is no wiring to attach it to. Any ideas on what i can do for this situation. Ill stick to just this one issue until i fix it, then ill add my other issues. Thank you for any help anyone can give me.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Hello and welcome! Great to have you with us.

Reactions: amyi

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
You can undo the plastic pins/clips at the top of the bumper cover and reach in to get the wire that way or some people have been able to reach in from behind the bumper cover to lift it to get access.

Reactions: amyi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you so much for your help, so fast...so another situation that i do have is a metal on metal grinding sound, (louder when turning steering wheel to the right) like going on or off an exit ramp, now its not a high pitched metal scratching, its like a deep, rubbing metal on metal, i really hope that makes sense...now i had someone look awhile ago, August of this year, and tell me i need new brakes but i havent gotten them done yet, and the sound got louder, my question is, is that sound the brake pads being worn out, and if so can someone that is not a mechanic watch a youtube video to learn how to replace brakes and routers do the job? I watched a video on how to clean the electric throttle and didnt do to bad if i do say so myself!! That light has started coming on again now that the cold weather has started in mass, does the cold do something to the throttle or should i clean it again and/or replace that all together? if anyone has any help that they can offer i would really appreciate it, any and all info. thank you

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
If it makes the sound when turning it could be a wheel bearing. If it was your brakes you would ususally only hear a grinding sound when applying them. Yes, you certainly can repair the brakes yourself, it's not hard. There are some great videos on youtube for sure.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
The throttle may stick more in the cold weather if it's gummed up a bit. You can clean it again with some Seafoam spray(follow instructions on can). If that doesn't work you may have to replace it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts