Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Sebring 2.4L
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really looking for MOAR POWA, but I am looking to do some things to me 2.4 "world engine".

How easy are these to tune? Any chance there is a good tuner for these in the Pacific Northwest/Portland area?

Does anyone know the factory cam specs? And/or, factory head gasket thickness?

Has anyone successfully installed the OBX or RRM (or other) '09-'14 Lancer header? If so, any chance it is relatively easy to connect to the MagnaFlow cat-back exhaust?

Does the Mishimoto EVO-10 radiator fit the Avenger (or Sebring)?

Can you remove the turbulence flaps in the intake from the tune? Then mechanically lock the actaul flaps in the open position, and remove the motor/all of it, entirely. I don't mind the intake manifold, itself... just don't want the little flapper thingies, or any of the nonesense associated with them.

Does anyone know which injectors would be necessary to convert the 2.4 to flex fuel? I have the part numbers for the flex fuel pump/lines... just need to figure out the injectors before I can even try figure anything else out.

That's it for now. Thank you for time.

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Sebring 2.4L
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Their site was down for updates when I clicked the link, but thank you nonetheless. I will certainly check it out again later.

Right now I am seriously debating putting 5w-40 in the engine on this upcoming oil change. I know it says 5w-20 on the cap, but I don't trust Chrysler's intentions. I trust their engineers just fine, but I believe the move to 5w-20 was politically motivated... a choice made with best interests of one's wallet in mind, not a choice made to actually benefit the vehicle/engine in any way.

Plus, car just passed 200,000 miles... so maybe the thicker oil will be better? Too bad I already ordered 5qt of 5w-20... really should have got the 5w-40 "euro" spec, though, me-thinks...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts