Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Dodge Avenger SXT 4cyl. 2 months ago I was driving and she just died out and couldn't even jump her off to get her home. Now she'll get power,but wont crank up. She acts like she wants to start,but just keeps turning. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated.I have no one to look at it and I can't afford to take it somewhere.Oh and did a code reader on it and P0562

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
P0562 ... Charging system voltage LOW. (set when computer see less than 10 volts while engine is running)
What did you do 2 months ago to remedy the situation and now? Have you had the battery tested(parts stores will test them for free) Did you check and clean battery cable connections, and is the battery less than 4 years old?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I once had something similar happen on a different vehicle, was the timing belt. Hope that is not the case here

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
IF the motor spins well on the starter, a common cause on the 2.4 motor is a bad Crankshaft Position Sensor(CKPS). They don't always show up as a CEL or code. Best is to get a replacement OE or NTK brand sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts