Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving my car one morning when it died, after that it didn't want to start so i figured hmm maybe a fuel pump because I didn't hear it going. i replaced the fuel pump and it started right up. same thing the next morning. died again. this time it started after a couple hours of sitting. drove it home and changed the tipm module still crank no start.

Fuse 23 isnt getting any power when i check with a volt meter.
by jumping fuse 23 (asd feed 3) with a 12V source the car will start and run, it doesn't have cooling fans when fuse 23 is jumped.
(note 25 also doesn't have power, Heated Mirrors)

I have fuel pressure up to the fuel injectors, as the fuel pump primes.
i can verify the starter is getting power and that it works
the ignition sends the signal to start the engine but it doesn't start, and no anti theft lights or safety

*codes are p0481(problem with the control circuit for cooling fan 2. ) and p0073 ("Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Circuit High input" )

I'm tempted to change the crank/cam sensors but am unsure if that would help as I think it would throw a code? I can maybe check for continuity (to where?) and put them on a workbench and run 12v through them to see if I read anything from the sensors. i have looked through the entire wiring diagram and am a little lost, i don't know what system asd 3 runs off of and the wires the connect to fuse 23. i dont know what to check and why fuse 23 isn't getting power?

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Both of those conditions are controlled by the ECM so there might be an issue with that. Hopefully your battery and all ground connections are good. Our cars are sensitive to electrical issues that can be traced back to batteries that are older than 5 years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts