Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a 2013 dodge avenger sxt and have been looking into my options for mods and theres not much for the 2.4l and ik you say 3.6 and people say just go buy the 3.6l avenger, ive looked into the stuff they did overseas some manuals with i think a desiel engine if i recall correctly, but thats besides the point the powertrain of the challenger is only about 8 inches longer than the avengers and the challenger came with a manual option in some years, ive already checked and the cuttout where the exhaust is would be big enough for a driveshaft, the firewall is already cutback for a trans as its the same body used in euro, alot of people have mentioned doing swaps in the avenger but ive yet to find much thats very conclusive on it, but im wondering if you were to simply swap dashes cutout the rear subframe rail for the trans you have the side you need for the second engine mount already, we know the 3.6 "fits" just the other way... shorten or find a driveshaft thats however much the actualy difference ends up being, could that work?? theres plenty room for the feultank to be moved back further, or upto the trunk, if short on space in the engine bay i had the idea to basically make an adapter to the ecm and harness and tcm and harness for a remoun say inside the glovebox? or with the challenger dash being a little longer, may be extra room to slide them right nexto the blendor and blowermotor, as there is as the car sits now shove the coolant down into the bumper if needed we all know shes nice and thicc down there and if i dont run foglamps ive got the extra room, i just keep running it through my mind and with swapping dashes thatd be all inside electronics obv with bcm so atp youve stuffed the whole powertrain into it with really limited mods besids swapping stuff over not a shit ton of fabing could it very well just be a case or getting a shorter driiveshaft?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Hello and welcome! Great to have you with us.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
The mod could certainly be done but we haven't seen any evidence of it yet. I'm sure given enough time and money it could be done. The tunnel is already there for the drive shaft. You could use a rear dif out of an AWD Avenger. Jeeps also came with (and still do I believe) a 3.6 6 speed stick which could be another source. Good food for thought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The mod could certainly be done but we haven't seen any evidence of it yet. I'm sure given enough time and money it could be done. The tunnel is already there for the drive shaft. You could use a rear dif out of an AWD Avenger. Jeeps also came with (and still do I believe) a 3.6 6 speed stick which could be another source. Good food for thought.
was thinking swap over the whole powertrain, with the diff from a challenger, the jeep idea isnt bad though as its a smaller vehicle maybe the driveshaft already be short enough compared to challengers driveshaft, definetly will look into that now thanks

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
That would be very cool. Let us know how you make out:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts