Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna swap an evo x awd trans into my car the internet says its the same motor but I'm asking the forums because I'm not super knowledgeable about it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that the 2008 rt had awd but it was very limited awd the rear only ingaged if more traction was absolutely necessary but i want it to be all the time

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Well the 08 AWD (1 year only) came with only the 3.5 motor and trans mount pattern was exclusive to that size motor. Also had a different rear subframe (a bolt in item) and driveshaft. A 2.4 motor probably won't bolt to an EVO X's trans, you'd have to do both OR be sure of that mating point of your 2.4 and donor trans. Also not sure dimensionally of EVO's length to Avenger wheelbase.for rear driveshaft.
There is a LOT to do in such a conversion. As I recall the 08 AWD Avenger also used a very different fuel tank for drivetrain clearances. And replacement tanks are harder than "hensteeth" to find.
Good luck to you should you "dive in" for this and keep us informed on progress. You would be the first to document such a conversion here. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts