Custom supercharge 2.4L SXT

Discussion in '2.4L' started by xXAvengerXx, May 27, 2017.

1. aguitarmn

aguitarmn New Member

Oh, no. Definitely not a weekend job. It may say "new member" by my name, but I've been on here since 2012. I usually just lerk. I've been wrenching on cars for 20+ years. With all the BS electronics and such that these cars have, if I had 6k to dump into it for the fun of it. I would personally go with something crazy like an LS swap, but I do have many of the tools and access to stuff needed to take on such an endeavor. Plus, the know how.

I also know Chevy engines pretty well. I've had a couple olderish Camaro's.

2. 5rebel9

5rebel9 Active Member Site Supporter Level 1 Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Well you need to stop "LURKING" so much and share you experience(s) with us:)!
    I have been around the repair end for longer than that, and am still trying to figure out(hypothetically) just how to convert a FWD front steering/suspension
    for change to an inline RWD powerplant/trans set up! And I have "toy'd" with this concept for MANY years for a number of makes of rides that would be very cool to do such!;) But anything IS possible with enough TIME and MONEY!:D

3. aguitarmn

aguitarmn New Member

Haha, it wouldn't be easy. My family says that in a past life I was archimedes. With some of the stuff I manage to come up with.

But with $6k to "play with". I could get one running. I realized many years ago, that the statement "no replacement for displacement" is very true. Especially with engines/cars that are not supposed to have a ton of power.

4. stevemcc0322

stevemcc0322 Member

Media:
    So very true. I wish I had the money and tools to make a monster. Although I may come up with some stupid stuff. Once the car is paid off I will am going to so some crazy stuff to it. Right now its more of a sleeper look, stock exterior and interior but under the hood is a different story.