Dodge Avenger Forum banner

Dash keeps flashing "Deck"

24K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  poppa0777 
#1 ·
hey guys, not sure what's going on and hoping for some help.

My 2010 SXT tonight gave me fits. The dash was spazzing out where the digital mileage was and was unreadable until I hit the button that flips it between mileage and exterior temperature. It then reads "deck" solid without going away until I hit the mileage button again.

Since that happened and I turned off the car, I can no longer lock and unlock my doors with the driver side buttons or the buttons on my Key fob.

Before I left it for the night, it had to be manually locked and my dome lights no longer worked, and the vehicle was able to start as normal.

Thanks for your help.

#2 ·
Howdy. 2 things come to mind. First check your trunk lid, open it and see if you have water collected in the trunk lid itself. A common quirk to the Avenger. It can "short" the signal to say that it is closed (part of the latch assembly) and also "mess up the security/theft system. Second, how old is your battery and need to make sure that the terminals and connectors are not corroded. It is a pain to get to but very important to keep good connections.Seeing that most all cars today are not much more than "rolling computers". Please respond and let us know how you make out.

#3 ·
Also if you have a spoiler, check to ensure it is sealed well. I had a similar issue and had to remove the spoiler and discovered that there was an extra hole under one side. After cleaning everything and putting new sealer under the spoiler there have been no other problems. That was a year ago. Also check around the 3rd brake light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.