Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what all is suppose to occupy the switch spaces under the radio.
I know two of them are for the heated seats, and one is for the hazard. What are the rest suppose to be occupied with?:doh:

·
Registered
47 Posts
There's seven different buttons..... Left seat heater, menu button for the evic, step button to go through the menu, hazard lights, compass button, blank, right seat heater

·
Registered
47 Posts
Taken from the owners manual.

The Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) features
a driver-interactive display. It is located in the lower
left part of the cluster below the fuel and engine temperature
gauges. The EVIC consists of the following:

System Status

Vehicle information warning message displays

Personal Settings (customer programmable features)

Compass heading display

Outside temperature display (°F or °C)

Trip computer functions

Audio mode displays – 12 preset Radio Stations or CD

Title and Track number when playing

Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS) displays (if

equipped)

The personal settings that can be changed....
Sound horn with lock
Flash lights with lock
Headlights off delay
Key-off power delay

to mention a few

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm, does every model have this? I have the SXT, but have not got it yet... I ordered it. I know it said something about having the external temp display, but I am not sure about the rest of that. I guess I am wondering if that is all included in a package deal or something. Also, can one switch out what is currently in there and replace it with an upgraded version?

Thanks for the info Brokay!

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
my SXT

hmm, does every model have this? I have the SXT, but have not got it yet... I ordered it. I know it said something about having the external temp display, but I am not sure about the rest of that. I guess I am wondering if that is all included in a package deal or something. Also, can one switch out what is currently in there and replace it with an upgraded version?

I have the SXT and it comes with the temperature read out, two trip meters, and odometer displayed below the tach, thats it. I did not opt for the My Gig package, so it might be included with My Gig, or it might be reserved for the R/T.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I am not sure what all gadgets mine will have. I just ordered it and I will check everything out when it gets here.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Correction.... Maybe I should have gone and looked at mine before I posted.
The first button is for Left seat heater, the next is for the evic menu, the next is for compass and reset, the next is for hazard lights, the next is blank on mine, the next is ESP control and the last is for the right seat heater.

Not sure but the blank may be for something related to the AWD's, which mine isn't.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't order my car with fog light to save a little money, and now I am thinking of using one of the empty button locations for the after market fog lights I want to get. I am going to try to find a switch from that cluster so it matches. Does anyone know if the markings on the switch can be removed and relabeled, or if they are permanent with the back lighting?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Correction.... Maybe I should have gone and looked at mine before I posted.
The first button is for Left seat heater, the next is for the evic menu, the next is for compass and reset, the next is for hazard lights, the next is blank on mine, the next is ESP control and the last is for the right seat heater.

Not sure but the blank may be for something related to the AWD's, which mine isn't.
I have an AWD, and I have all the buttons you stated, except the 3rd one in from the right...That is blank on mine as well...I don't have a My Gig or DVD player...Could be for one of those?:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have an R/T and all the switches are there. From left to right.......driver's heated seat, EVIC menu up down, EVIC menue clear/options, hazards, emergency blinkers, stability control, passenger's heated seat

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
bluenigel...you have a seperate button for hazards and emergency blinkers? Aren't they the same?

·
Registered
37 Posts
okay, I'm an idiot. it was late when I posted. Sorry. Or maybe, my car came with two sets along with an extra tranny and a gallon of headlight fluid in the trunk LOL!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
lol...I thought it was blinker fluid!

One forum I used to frequent would always pile on the blinker fluid responses. It was too funny lol..

·
Registered
112 Posts

If you have a copy of your invoice or whatever when you placed your order check to see if you have Customer Preferred Package 26S listed on it. I'm pretty sure evic is part of that package although they don't list it as evic. They break it out into individual features that actually make up whats known as evic. Like Traveler/Mini Trip Computer, Temperature and Compass Gauge, Tire Pressure Monitoring Display, etc etc.

My R/T has every option but AWD and the rear VES but I test drove (and would have bought if the selling dealer was willing to deal) a R/T AWD with everything including the rear VES and the 3rd switch from the right has been blank on every Avenger I've seen, so I think it's unused at this point.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Switch picture

As a follow up to the question about the blank switch I was doing some searching this morning and came across this picture. It is from an '08 Sebring, obviously the switches are the same as in the Avenger but if you look closely you can see that the 3rd switch from the right is not blank. I can't quite make out what it is (possibly airbag related?) and can't seem to find another picture that is clearer.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts