Dodge Avenger Forum banner

dashboard removal / heater core replacement

24K views 54 replies 21 participants last post by  Intrepid 
#1 ·
Hoping for a little help here, I'm in the process of replacing the heater core in my son's car (a little father son time) and I can't seem to get the dashboard completely out of the way. We've gotten it pretty loose, but it seems hung up at the windshield and we don't want to force and break it. Any ideas? Can't see any other clips or screws holding it up.

Thanks,

Chris

#2 ·
Hi Chris,
I have some other PDF's but I have no more free space on the forum to upload. If you want to PM me I can email them to you. I have dash removal and instrument panel removal instructions. I might be able to get others if you need.

#6 ·
#9 ·
Can you send me the PDF also?
vkray@msn.com
I need to remove the passenger side dash it is in very bad shape, scratch, etc. I do not like the dash covers.
Sent what I could find, hope they help.

#11 ·
so ?

surely someone figured out how to do it :)

I'm fighting with the passenger side at the moment ... can't seem to get that side off ... it's loose on all sides and I've taken the 2 screws out that are up under the top piece (windshield side) but I can't seem to get it pop off know matter what I do ...

#25 ·
#53 ·
Could you please send them to me as well?
I'm fairly confident its the heater core that needs replacing, the vents in the cabin are only blowing cold air, the fan speed settings work properly so blower motor is good, engine temperature stays in the middle so I'm ruling out thermostat, and I flushed the heater core out and the flow was good so I don't believe its clogged. Besides no hot air coming out the car runs and drives well.

#30 ·
Just sent the files that I have, hope they help you out.

#36 ·
#38 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.