Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some scratches in my dashboard, right above the glovebox door. My interior is the two-tone slate gray and black. The scratches are driving me crazy, it really shows with the little * "asterik" details on the dash (the slate gray portion). Has anyone else experienced this and been able to fix it? I'm thinking maybe I can rig it and fill in with a crayon :) ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
You know I have two long scratches on the dash that came with the car, and I haven't been able to iron them out, either. It's too late for me to just bitch the dealer out, but I just trying to think of what to do with that? Can I sand it? Will the car explode? Will it turn to crud? Idunno.

·
Registered
701 Posts
well im gona get rid of the scratches depending where it is by putting a fabric design or leather on the dash n glue it or something like how they did on the storm trooper

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
well im gona get rid of the scratches depending where it is by putting a fabric design or leather on the dash n glue it or something like how they did on the storm trooper

Post some pics up when you do! :)

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This I might try for my light scratches. I read where some people use very carefully a hairdryer. As it's heating up the area, Take your finger and work the scratch. I've heard of people using a heat gun, I wouldn't try it for mine. I worked with heatguns and they DO heat! I did find a link to Sherwin-Williams about some interior touch up paint and I think they had our cars touch up. I believe there's a code somewhere on our cars for our cars.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I hope you can get that all fingered out... lol... I had to post that... I am sitting here laughing at my stupid sense of humor...

·
Registered
590 Posts
I like fingerin' out problems too. Glad I am not the only one.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope you can get that all fingered out... lol... I had to post that... I am sitting here laughing at my stupid sense of humor...
I can lend you a finger, May I suggest............................................. Oh can't do that one I forgot, It on reserve. Your sense of humor is just fine.

·
Registered
61 Posts
if you have a steady hand and a good eye, you can carefully push in the damaged pieces with a thin but blunted object as much as you can, then reshape the scratched parts with a exacto blade or a scalpel.. or box cutters, etc.

by cutting the tiny parts that stick out, which make the scratch show, it wont stick out as much...

my uncle did this in his 08' nitro, which has the same material/design as the Avenger (just less of it, along with smoother pieces) he has a 3 year old though, plays in a band and uses the car for work (traveling throughout florida) so he expects to have alot of damage, so If you are able to, and if you care about restoring the shapes as good as you can,you're better off trying to somehow melt it in like they were saying

·
Registered
91 Posts
wow i do too..weird huh..came like that in my car...but HOWEVER there is a lil costly deterrent to this.. Dash Kit... I have a thread with a link to these pretty awesome dash kits... it is called, ready for this? "Dash Kits" ..haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts