Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2008 avenger RT that has the death wobble when accelerating or at cruising speed but never when slowing down or hitting the brakes. I put new rotors wasn't that have checked the wheel bearings no play at all changed one of the tire rod ends still no good I was wondering if it was that half shaft or intermediate shaft the bearing looks to be completely shot that holds the shaft in the middle for support let me know what you guys think. Also I changed the k frame about 30,000 miles ago and noticed something weird with the motor mount the bolt that holds it in the middle is about the size of a pencil going through the mount that has a hole the size of a nickel and I was reading somewhere that a bad motor mount might be causing my problems any info would be greatly appreciated...ty

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Could be all of the above. Did you have everything aligned and balanced after the front end work?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be all of the above. Did you have everything aligned and balanced after the front end work?
No I didn't the car is at 2008 with now $230,000 mi and I'm afraid if I bring it for an alignment they're going to tell me it needs something else that I cannot afford lol did a half ass alignment myself but that was all. After front end work was done the car was a lot better than it is now something is getting worse

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Ok, whatever you decide be safe.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
I would definitely get the front end checked and properly aligned.

Reactions: 2tall

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well intrepid it ended up being bushings and a arms are shotand of course they made it so you can't just drill the hole a little bit bigger and put a bigger bolt through and I'm not going to tap and die just have to wait until I got the cash to order them thanks for the help again

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
I know things can get crazy expensive but I'm glad you got it checked😎

1 - 11 of 11 Posts