Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, wondering thoughts or your experiences with the tuners available. any major cons with the two? what kind of fuel economy gains have you had? thanks

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I think the Hypertechs are only for the old v6 and the Diablos are only for the new Pentastar. IIRC. The major gains will be for hp not exactly mpg.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I've had both, and I like the DiabloSport slightly more (I use the Trinity)

They both do essentially the same thing, but the Trinity had some features that let me set alot more parameters, like throttle boost, which the HyperTech didn't let me do. DS numbers are advertised higher than HTs I think, but I never had the two dyno'd so I can't comment there. No complaints with either of them really, but one day while driving with the HT on my car went into limp mode. Pulling over and removing the tune was the solution. I was also due for a new battery and throttlebody cleaning though so I wont exactly blame the HyperTech, but can't say it made me too happy. Both got pretty much the same fuel economy as far as I noticed.

You can't go wrong with either, but if you can find the DiabloSport cheaper, go with that IMO

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input. I ordered up the DS intune with your advise. this engine is damn powerful and snappy for a sedan and I love it cant wait to get some more out of it. and im hoping to get some more fuel economy when im not on the throttle. when your not on throttle revenger, what is your fuel economy at?

·
Registered
48 Posts
@Revenger How do these tuners work? does it have premade tunes? or does it just allow the user to do what they want? or both? I have never had anything like this before but am interested in getting one. From pictures I have seen, its like it is supposed to hang down off of your windshield like a portable GPS system, does it have to do this? I'm just asking my questions here since I can't seem to find anything on how it exactly works online.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
The Diablo has built in tunes and it also allows you to tweak some settings. There are suppliers that can provide custom tunes for you. It plugs in to your OBD port and no it doesn't have to hang from your windshield. You can install the tune and then remove the unit.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
@Revenger How do these tuners work? does it have premade tunes? or does it just allow the user to do what they want? or both? I have never had anything like this before but am interested in getting one. From pictures I have seen, its like it is supposed to hang down off of your windshield like a portable GPS system, does it have to do this? I'm just asking my questions here since I can't seem to find anything on how it exactly works online.
Just go to Diablos website. They have one like Intrepid mentioned and they have another one like the one you were referring too(which costs more because it tracks 0-60 times and what not).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts