Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bad news: I was just minding my own business, checking my oil in my 2009 R/T 60,000 miles 3.5 lt.
I felt a little resistance and off the handle came in my hand. The stick remained in the tube so I just closed the hood and thought about it for a bit. Next day I ordered a new stick from my steeler , I mean Dealer.
Bottom line, remove the hold down bolt and take out the tube to remove broken piece. Quick fix
Just for your info.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Same thing happened to our '08 Sebring 3.5 but I put a stainless deck screw with some washers on it and was able to pull it out without removing the tube.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Happened to my car also, but luckily it happened to the dealer which they where changing the oil. They replaced it for free because it broke in their hands. It had been starting to stick for a while, but I never thought that it would break off.

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Seems like a trend developing with the 3.5's, have not had one myself to have an opinion about it though. But it's nice to see you posting again Bossfan, we need more of the long time members active again with their experience of their rides history to help out new members running their new to them used Avenger/sebring/200's!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts