Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2013 Avenger SXT. Few things that I've learned about it since I've owned it, the gas when I fill it up and if I run it to e I will have only driven 200-220 miles. What do y'all get from a full tank? 3.6 obviously. Another thing is the transmission shifting so aggressive , it annoys me have been told it's how they all are and that I got it checked out and nothing. What are some other flaws about y'all cars so maybe I can compare ?
6A5159F4-05F5-4F26-8BD7-350A8C57EB1C.jpeg

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
My 11 with the 3.6 loves the highway and gives me around 33 mpg US. In town mileage kind of sucks with about 19-20.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
I tend to get about 250 miles out of a tank in the winter and 310 in the summer. That's city/highway combined. I can get 450 on the highway at speed limit. Transmission shifts smoothly. The only issue that sucks is the big RPM drop from 3rd to 4th gear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tend to get about 250 miles out of a tank in the winter and 310 in the summer. That's city/highway combined. I can get 450 on the highway at speed limit. Transmission shifts smoothly. The only issue that sucks is the big RPM drop from 3rd to 4th gear.
I feel like under hard acceleration it shits fine but in lower rpms it slacks and I put my parking brake on every time and sometimes not even on an incline going to d to r it doesn't slam but it's not a smooth shift

·
Premium Member
6,231 Posts
Check your motor mounts... the front one is known to be a weak spot and prone to tear the rubber allowing excessive motor/trans movement that can feel like a harsh shift, particularly stopped and initial gear selection.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
A good privately owned shop could do it cheaper and if you have friends who have one that does their work go there. Dealers have a habit of looking for more than what was there. Always upselling for larger profits. Smaller shops treat you better to have repeat happy customers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A good privately owned shop could do it cheaper and if you have friends who have one that does their work go there. Dealers have a habit of looking for more than what was there. Always upselling for larger profits. Smaller shops treat you better to have repeat happy customers.
Currently still have a warranty on it . They gotta fix it lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts