Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm Cris, new to the forums. The left windshield wiper on my car doesn't budge and I'm not sure where to go from here, if i should change the motor or the blade, how do I find out what's wrong with it?

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Welcome to the Forumz!
About your rides problem, did this just happen during bad weather and you turned on the wipers? More than likely the wiper arm to spindle on the cowl has stripped from excessive snow/ice load. You might be able to pry off the plastic cap and tighten the nut that locks the arm to the spindle, but more likely will need to replace the wiper arm.
If that is OK, then it could be wiper linkage in the cowl came apart for much the same reason as asked above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was originally working, and then it wouldn't move, and then I believe something broke, because after it stopped in the middle once, it got really weak and then it just stopped moving altogether.I will check the nut because that would make alot of sense. How hard would it be to fix the second issue?

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
I've not pulled the wiper motor/linkage from a Sedan Avenger...I'd bet a buck that if you looked on you tube for Dodge Avenger(or Chry. 200) wiper motor replace that you would see what's involved.

Note: If you tighten the nut, MAKE SURE THE MAIN WIPER IS IN PARKED POSITION before tightening and move the arm to the parked position (by hand) also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried tightening the nut for the first time, and it tightened, and then it got loose again. The second time, I pulled the wiper outwards and it allowed it to tighten more, which is where I was able to tighten it completely. Works like a charm now, Thanks!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts