Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If some one could please help me figure out why my power steering belt keeps shredding .
I have changed pulliies, the tensioner seems fine and yet I have gone through 2 belts in 2 days ..my mechanic is baffled at this point and is also doing research .. any ideas I would really appreciate the help

·
Premium Member
7,385 Posts
One of the pullies is NOT in alignmrnt for belt run. A possible culprit may be the big crankshft pulley. The portion of that pulley the belt runs on is vulcanized rubber to the center hub at the crankshaft bolt, and may have deteriorated allowing the outer belt part to move out of alignment . there's been a few postings of this over the years on the forum here.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
One of the pullies is NOT in alignmrnt for belt run. A possible culprit may be the big crankshft pulley. The portion of that pulley the belt runs on is vulcanized rubber to the center hub at the crankshaft bolt, and may have deteriorated allowing the outer belt part to move out of alignment . there's been a few postings of this over the years on the forum here.
Had the crank pulley do this on my 11. The center of the pulley and the outer portion should be flush.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts