Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
reagandon askd me to try and photoshop a avenger with a shaker hood but it was realy hard so i just drew one and here it is. plz let me know on ur input and tell me if i can fix it :D

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
um im gona repost another one l8er on this week when i get the chance i just found some pictures that i can try to merge into each other to see what our cars would look like with shaker hoods

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
hood

just remember the two rain slices in the hood.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
So if u have the fwd the shaker hood will not be able to go on?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Why wouldn't someone be able to design one for a FWD. As I was taught many years ago : Adapt and overcome!! A design Engr should be able to build it. Mine is on loan today so.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
interesting

That's looking very promising. I like how it looks, but would only do this kind of modification if I saw a performance gain.
I do have one question. From what I understand, (not an expert in any way), the idea is to introduce more air to a cold air system, correct. Well, I own the 2.4l engine and looking at my engine compartment, the air intake is towards the front of the car. From what I understand this would only benefit the performance if it is near the air filter, so I do not see how that would help much in its current location, other than looking cool.:rockon:
If I am incorrect help me to understand this a little better, if I am right see this as input to a great idea.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
I would say you are correct for most of that. You could route the air from this intake to the air intake on the engine. Since it is a stationary intake through the hood, you can mount everything permanent. Does that make sense?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts