Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Folks....Here's My Better=Half and My Idea(S) for a Sleeper 'Venger!!
Please chime in with suggestions, improvements etc as this is A Dream Car for now...
The Ol Wallet would just turn belly-up and breath its last if It even got a whiff of what this would prolly cost!
BUT, shouldn't cost too much to kinda "Plan" it for now!

OK.....in a nutshell: An AWD Avenger with at least 150 HP per wheel ( to the ground). That would put it at 6 lbs per HP......to get to the 5 lbs per HP area , it looks like We are looking at 700 HP out of the 3.6 ( 220 cubic inches). If We could ease 750 hp out of the Pentastar, with a 3600 lb 'Venger we would be at 4.8 lbs per HP! 187.5 hp per wheel with AWD
I THINK the bottom end would hold up to 800 if a Person was not "stupid" with the loud pedal...

Here is a bit o info from wiki re: The Lambo Hurracan (2018)
..., the Huracán LP610-4 has a power-to-weight ratio of 2.55 kg (5.62 lb) per horsepower. ."

Thoughts from My Sisters and Brethren here in The Z?
Doc

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Everything is doable with a load of funding:cool: If this guy can get 776 WHP out of a Neon anything is possible:

Reactions: Doch

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice video!
I think an Avenger would be a seriously fun sleeper!
There's a great show on Netflix about sleepers vs super cars.
Thanks
Doc

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had an idea to change mine to a manual 6 speed with AWD since there is an AWD version for the 3.5 and a 6 speed I believe for the 2.4. I have a 2013 v6 and I'm sure that there is a car with the same engine with a 6 speed. I was thinking of outsourcing to more reliable company's transmissions such as Mitsubishi, and see if an evo tranny/drivetrain would fit under the avenger, since they are roughly the same size. Just avenger has bigger engine with less power than an evo. That'd make the avenger extremely tunable. Only thing left would be to turbo or twin turbo with some forged internals and better cooling. People have run 100 shot of nitrous on just a tune so pretty sure it can hold up to a bit of boost. P

1 - 6 of 6 Posts