Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday I forgot to unlock my car but the door still opened! The horn and lights did go off. I checked the rest of the doors but it was just the drivers door that didn't lock. I took the car to the dealer Tuesday and they got the lock working but are still ordering a new latch and lock cable just to be safe. Everyone needs to check they're doors to see if this is a major issue.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
yiekes

not good at all, do not want to loose your new car.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I thought there was a TSB out on the door latchs on some models??

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Yep, here it is. Not sure if it is exactly the same thing but may want to have the dealer look into it anyways...

RC-G12-07 SUPERSEDED BY :RC-G33-07(Safety Recall G33 - Front Door Latch Cables)
RC-G33-07 Safety Recall G33 - Front Door Latch Cables

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's an update. This morning when i got to work i found out my windows where not working. Then i tryed to close the door. It whould not latch. So i took off work at work at noon and went to the dealer. Turns out that the tech didn't plug the window plug and did not tighten the latch all the way and it moved. The new latch came in but the cable didn't so i still have to go back.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
There was a recall on the latch's and cables, so make sure they do both front doors. Its just sad when the tech can not even remember to finish the job the correct way.

·
Registered
68 Posts
remember the service you got when you get your survey in the mail. This is the dealers report card to the manufacterer and VERY important to them. ALso call their Service Director and complian you may get a tank of gas or a free detail out of it, They MUST make you happy, I am talking from experiance, I used to run the service depts in Dodge and Chrysler/Jeep stores

1 - 11 of 11 Posts