Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would have been a one day job if i had the correct bracket bolts and i also stripped a powerstop rotor due to it being a cheap pos, but other than that, i was able to convert 08 drum brakes to disc brakes. I sourced the backing plates and connected parts off ebay, -----new hubs, calipers, brackets, hoses, and brake lines can all be sourced online. Overall easy process if you have all the right parts. BUT IT CAN BE DONE!! Car evenly stops and no longer depends fully on front brakes.. the balanced feeling is amazing.. FULL VIDEO COMING SOON..

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
.... correction.. stripped a powerstop caliper brake line bolt socket

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Congratulations, great job. Thanks for sharing:cool:

Reactions: DodgeThis

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like you did a nice job there,I've often wondered WHY they ALL didn't come OE with 4 wheel discs, my 98 Coupe did !:cool:
Drums drove me crazy..not only did it look bad but it produced a squeaking noise every time i pressed the brake pedal.. good riddance!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would have been a one day job if i had the correct bracket bolts and i also stripped a powerstop rotor due to it being a cheap pos, but other than that, i was able to convert 08 drum brakes to disc brakes. I sourced the backing plates and connected parts off ebay, -----new hubs, calipers, brackets, hoses, and brake lines can all be sourced online. Overall easy process if you have all the right parts. BUT IT CAN BE DONE!! Car evenly stops and no longer depends fully on front brakes.. the balanced feeling is amazing.. FULL VIDEO COMING SOON..
Would you be able to let me know where did you find the conversion kit for your Dodge Avenger please

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Sebring 2.4L
63 Posts
Cool, I didn't think to look in this section for brakes. Anyways, I am in the process of getting the parts to do this. Going with the 302mm "BRF" option. Once I get all the part numbers, I will list them here. I just have other crap to fix first.

I think the emergency brake stuff is all I am missing part numbers for...

Whenever I get all my ducks in a row, I will probably post back here instead of starting another thread going over the exact same thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts