Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
I hope somebody does market a dual exhaust kit for the 2.7L. I wonder if the R/T dual exhaust would work a 2.7L or any other R/T exhaust kit for that matter?

·
Registered
920 Posts
One of our members Defender, said he installed the R/T muffler on his 2.7 SXT.

I looked up the R/T muffler online at a dealers website and it looks like resonator, pipe and R/T muffler are sold as an assembly instead of the R/T muffler by itself. If I could get the R/T muffler only that would be the easiest way to go. If you check you'll notice that the hangers are in place for dual exhaust. The only thing that would be tricky is cutting the bumper cover for the other exhaust outlet.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
You may want to buy a new bumper cover as well. I have thought about doing this as well... but to be honest, I don't have my car yet, so I am not sure what all would need to be done yet. So I am waiting. lol.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Try looking on ebay for ust the muffler,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey guys, I sm almost positive that the 2.7 and the 3.5 are the same. On the R/T, the assembly is one piece from the resonator to the tail pipes. I have a picture of it off the car at Zoomers if you want it. I would sell you my entire stock setup but I think shipping would be retarded expensive. The new Zoomers cat back should fit fine though. I believe they are going to do a group buy on it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey guys, I sm almost positive that the 2.7 and the 3.5 are the same. On the R/T, the assembly is one piece from the resonator to the tail pipes. I have a picture of it off the car at Zoomers if you want it. I would sell you my entire stock setup but I think shipping would be retarded expensive. The new Zoomers cat back should fit fine though. I believe they are going to do a group buy on it.

Yes I've also looked into this and they appear to be the same, and the one we are building for the 3.5 should bolt right up. The only thing you'd have to do is trim the bumper cover for the tips and buy a rubber suspender from your dealer to fit the stock hook already intact for the drivers side tip. Group buy now posted...

See details here: http://avengerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=9678

·
Registered
25 Posts
I do have a dual R/T exhaust on my SXT, so it will work. Sorry I don't have any pics yet, been snowing like crazy here, but I'll try and get some tonight after work and post them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts