Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
I recently purchased my Avenger with the Boston speaker system. I wanted a DVD player but did not want to upgrade and pay the extra money for the My GiG radio.. After doing all the reading. The factory radio that came with it plays DVD's. I took my car to Tweeter and had the Alpine DVD player amounted int the headliner. It plays thru the radio either by putting a DVD in the radio or the built in RF mod.. I sounds great.. My loves it..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome to the forum...go to the newbie section and properly introduce yourself........I would love to see pics of your avenger and the DVD system...it sounds awesome!!!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you post a pic on here.. I was able to post my car.. but how do I post the one of the DVD player

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
KLS, do you have a sunroof in your avenger? Did they mount the dvd where the rear seat overhead lighting is?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes I have the sunroof in my car.. I have the REQ. 6 disc cd/dvd radio.. it is standard on the r/t

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes they removed the dome light set up and mounted the DVD there.. they had to add to the support a little. but they made it work.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the sunroof and rear seat stock DVD set, it flips up from the center console. It also has split screen (two channel), wireless headseats & a remote. It can be programmed at the main mygig screen also. lol, haven't used it yet.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would not have minded getting the stock one.. But I did not want to have to pay for the upgrade radio.. I dont know why they changed that for model year 2008.. when the car first cam out earlier this year you did not have to do that...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Some day I might get the stock one (its the only thing I DIDN'T get on my car lol) but its nice to know this can be done if I rather not. :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
for the cost of the stock one w/o installation...I had this installed in my car.. Plus this being an Alpine says something else... and it has a 10 in screen rather then the 7 that comes stock... I considered having screens mounted in the backs of the seats.. but that would have cost a bit more... and might not have looked as good

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the sunroof and rear seat stock DVD set, it flips up from the center console. It also has split screen (two channel), wireless headseats & a remote. It can be programmed at the main mygig screen also. lol, haven't used it yet.
I think I'm going to purchase this aftermarket. I've seen it in a few places already.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts