Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a ‘09 Avenger. She’s the first car I’ve ever bought by my self, and she’s very important because it was my grandmothers. I’ve replaced the alternator, I keep up with oil changes and routine fluid check ups.. but lately, I’ve noticed that when I idle, it’s rough. Lights flicker occasionally, so I check the battery but “it’s all okay”. These past few days, now my electric throttle body light turns on and my check engine light pops on. The check engine claims there is a coolant system issue, but My car doesn’t over heat. I hear liquid moving when I first start my car, so I assume it’s a failing heater core? I also don’t smell sweet scents from my vents so I don’t think I’m burning coolant. My main concern is the Electric throttle light popping on. I restart the throttle when it comes on, and it goes away. My car doesn’t go limp either when the light comes on. I was thinking about replacing the ETB, what would you guys recommend?

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Good to have you back on the posting side of the Forumz! I forget what motor is under the hood on your ride...Please update that info onto your profile info (same line as year).
Try looking at the thread by new member Beave titled 2013 avenger etc and heater core problems...Learn the KEY DANCE and post the P _ _ _ _ codes or take it to a place like autozone and have them do a free scan and post those so we can help you.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
You're right, the issue seems to be pointing to the throttle body. You could try cleaning it with some Seafoam spray to start off with. You may eventually have to replace the throttle body.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're right, the issue seems to be pointing to the throttle body. You could try cleaning it with some Seafoam spray to start off with. You may eventually have to replace the throttle body.
At 150,000 miles, I’m feeling keen on replacing the ETB. It’s not terribly expensive. I did forget about sea foam though. Good point

1 - 5 of 5 Posts