Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last month I got a 2011 Dodge Avenger Heat...I loved the car immediately...But just recently while driving, my ABS light came on...as well as the BRAKE light...the car started sounding as though it was going to stop on the road. I pulled into a gas station got out to look under the hood and then the car shuts off. I then tried to start it again...but nothing.The doors locked automatically, no lights, no click, locked trunk, and the key pad doesnt work. Earlier that evening I thought I smelled something like an electrical burn...but didnt think nothing of it cause it quickly disappeared. Since then I have tried to jump it...but nothing. Did anyone else have this problem? Is it a simple fix like an ignition switch or blown fuse?

·
Premium Member
6,807 Posts
Welcome to the forum, but what a malady to bring you here! Could be any of a number of things.Do you have the four or six cylinder motor. I would start checking for trouble at the battery and progress to checking for bad cables and lastly a serious alternator problem. I do not know your mechanical abilities, but may suggest a good shop take a look at it.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Hard to tell exactly but the burning smell doesn't sound good. Could be the TIPM (total integrated power module)where all of your fuses are.

Reactions: 13blackR/T
1 - 3 of 3 Posts