Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what can happen when an engine is moded the wrong way. Nitrous can be very very bad to you and your car if everything is not followed by the book. So please do not try anything your not sure of. Always ask lots of question about what the mod will do and how to do it the right way. These two hot rodders thought they knew it all. My younger bother took this photo, he is an investigator for the local fire dept.

Attachments

·
Registered
565 Posts
was the driver street racing?

Looks like the car was in an accident. Did the accident cause the fire? Did the nitrous system catching fire cause the accident?

- Dan M

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When the car went boom it ran off the road and hit the tree.
When they hit the nitrous all turned to hell, and no they were not racing just testing out their system.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
When the car went boom it ran off the road and hit the tree.
When they hit the nitrous all turned to hell, and no they were not racing just testing out their system.

I was just about to ask about this as well. I never had a car with nitrous in it. I figure it would cost me too much if I blew the motor, I guess thats true, but it looks like it could cost a lot more than just a motor!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Another reason I let the pros do the work for me. I can tune a carburated engine by ear no problem but start putting all kinds of stuff on it and I give up.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think it would be a good idea to have a thread just for learning about different mods, cause & effect... maybe I'll add this to the suggestion thread.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nitrous can be the biggest bang for your buck for making HP if installed correctly. I went with a supercharger in my truck to get the power I wanted. But even with a SC you must beef up the motor.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i have 125 shot of nitrous along with many many more mods for my SRT8....if its installed right you should have no issues....i leave it to the experts too.....:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
i have 125 shot of nitrous along with many many more mods for my SRT8....if its installed right you should have no issues....i leave it to the experts too.....:smiley_thumbs_up:

The srt8 wasn't fast enough already?? :p

·
Registered
412 Posts
I came across a Charger SRT-8 that had been moded out so that the car was pushing 700 horses at the wheels. And the guy said he wanted more power. Can you say jet propolsion!!!!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I came across a Charger SRT-8 that had been moded out so that the car was pushing 700 horses at the wheels. And the guy said he wanted more power. Can you say jet propolsion!!!!!
I was thinking more along the lines of those 1500+ hp engines monster trucks run.

- Dan M

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
The guy must buy stock in driveshafts lol.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Man, would I love to see a vid of that. Please!

This is what can happen when an engine is moded the wrong way. Nitrous can be very very bad to you and your car if everything is not followed by the book. So please do not try anything your not sure of. Always ask lots of question about what the mod will do and how to do it the right way. These two hot rodders thought they knew it all. My younger bother took this photo, he is an investigator for the local fire dept.
OMG that looks bad. How are the guys drivin' it. Did they survive?

·
Registered
615 Posts
wow that's some intense stuff!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts