Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading on different sites about how much of a bonus in power/mpg i can get from an engine remap... should be 30-45bhp more... also mpg should improve purely because i wont be reving so high when pulling away... Just wondering if anyone has had their Avenger's remapped... if so is it worth it?

Cheers, Stotty

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was considering having mine remapped but the MOT regulations are changing and apparently if your engine has been remapped or chipped it will fail .I'm going to look into it further and have a word with my tame MOT tester .I'll post up here after I speak to him.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I emailed the guys at Ecotune regarding the so called MOT changes and as far as they are concerned there is no problem. So I'll be booking mine in asap. Ecotune
Our most popular product which offers a perfect balance between performance and economy where major transformations to the performance of your vehicle are immediately apparent, improvements of up to 40% more power output have been recorded and when your usual driving style is adopted, improvements in fuel economy can be significant, particularly on diesel models. Further reductions in fuel consumption will be enjoyed when adopting the Ecodrive style of motoring.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Look around for a good tuner, you have a VW engine, so a good tuner for VW might be able to help you as well.

PS, i am not saying the Ecotune is bad, but there are tuners who do not put in the energy to make is really Eco.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers people, there's a remapping company over in Sunderland (30min drive away) that seem to of done alot of Bora's, Passat's and Golf's... cant really go wrong if they keep getting VW's you... Steve P... when are you planning on getting yours booked in? I was thinking around March, just so i can get used to the power gain on non-icey roads, then again... i dont like waiting ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aye that's what i'm after it for Wodge, it has enough pulling power (overtaking) for me but when pulling away its just slugish, i used to have a 1.6lt Leon (VW engine) and i loved that for getting away + MPG, if a remap can get me somewhere near to that i'll be a very happy boy.

Stotty

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i'm goin to get it done on wednesday so i'll let everyone know if its worth doing in a week or so... once i can check my mpg

Stotty

·
Registered
26 Posts
And this is my sound!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TEcBOXftYFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a pretty nice sound Obscure, did the remap make much of a change? How much did the exhaust set you back?

Stotty

·
Registered
26 Posts
The remap make the difference. if you can, do it quickly!!!!
the vehicle will completely change for the better..
Originally the car is used 50% of its potential '
Now I have to turn down the springs and shock absorbers because I get up the nose as the dragster and becomes undriveable ..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stevie P... there are a lot of companies offering "discount" remap's because its the start of the year, so lack of trade and custom coming in. I'm driving down to Bradford to have mine done... £150, half the price of getting it done at home in Newcastle. Diesel there and back... i'll save £100 easy! Spoke to the bloke to regarding "problems" and if any should happen they'll send their mobile tuner (which is only £200 to get done) up to sort it out for free, which i cant really fault tbh.

http://www.remapscience.co.uk/our_prices.html

That's them, their site is basic but it does have everything on there that you need, plus after speaking too him it made me feel better about getting it done. Roll on Wednesday!

Stotty

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats Stevie P :p Your a brave brave man ;)

Well i got my ECU done last Wednesday and i've got to say... most impressed! The power/torque layout is amazing, the car/engine are running so much smoother, the engine just wants to keep giving more and more power when on the motorway... i liked the way my Avenger performed beforehand but now... i love it! Not sure on what its done to the MPG (up/down) but i'm sure i'll find out over the next few days... if i learn to stop putting my foot down :p

Stotty

1 - 20 of 25 Posts