Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think about this, almost every day, at least once. I have a 2008 SXT avenger. 2.4L engine.

Is it possible to have the 3.6L engine, the best the avenger can have, put into my car? If I had a shop do that, would I also need to replace everything else under the hood? What do you think, just giving a estimate, a procedure like that would cost?

Just curious... Thanks :)

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Think that the least expensive and reliable way is to buy a new car.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Anything is possible (probably even a Hemi) if you have the $$$. Your talking engine (about $4K), trans ($3K), and computer replacement. Not to mention removal and installation. By that time, your cost be extremely high. Just save up for a 2011 3.6 Avenger, 2 years from now, there will be plenty of used ones on the market.

Reactions: wolfsblood07

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Yeah I agree. On modern cars its really more trouble than its worth.

Reactions: wolfsblood07

·
Registered
510 Posts
If you have the 7g's + Labor to do an engine swap, you have a nice down payment on a new car. Now if you were trying to do something like put a CSRT4 engine with a turbo in there, I might change my mind.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have a 2.7L 09 SXT and i have already put a good near 3k into cosmetics (tints, rainguards, 20" Rims, Tires, Eagle eyes, HID's (fog and headlight), Touchscreen Radio, Door speakers, Subs, Dynamat, Tower Strut Brace, along with small miscellaneous things) i would like to put a CSRT4 in it... i want to turn this car into an absolute jaw dropper when people hear an avenger blow off a turbo... only im assuming the estimate will be a little bit higher than that of a 3.6. any thoughts?

·
Registered
115 Posts
i have a 2.7L 09 SXT and i have already put a good near 3k into cosmetics (tints, rainguards, 20" Rims, Tires, Eagle eyes, HID's (fog and headlight), Touchscreen Radio, Door speakers, Subs, Dynamat, Tower Strut Brace, along with small miscellaneous things) i would like to put a CSRT4 in it... i want to turn this car into an absolute jaw dropper when people hear an avenger blow off a turbo... only im assuming the estimate will be a little bit higher than that of a 3.6. any thoughts?
Honestly, probably not. But these blocks being the same as the SRT4, you would only need to buy the turbo kit, trans, and ecu. Might be cheaper. I don't know.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Same block, completely different internals. A CSRT swap with the 6 speed manual trans would be a great head turning combo for an avenger. The CSRT engine was rated at 300 bhp. which is more than the 3.6. So you would have more HP and better gas mileage.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Same block, completely different internals. A CSRT swap with the 6 speed manual trans would be a great head turning combo for an avenger. The CSRT engine was rated at 300 bhp. which is more than the 3.6. So you would have more HP and better gas mileage.
And you learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
I agree

Anything is possible (probably even a Hemi) if you have the $$$. Your talking engine (about $4K), trans ($3K), and computer replacement. Not to mention removal and installation. By that time, your cost be extremely high. Just save up for a 2011 3.6 Avenger, 2 years from now, there will be plenty of used ones on the market.
While a great project, engine swaps are just not as easy as they used to be.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wrecked my 3.6 yesterday. Already have the engine trans and computer. I see the 2.4 going for $3,000 nice condition with motor problems. might be a way to go. god I hate engine swaps though!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have the 7g's + Labor to do an engine swap, you have a nice down payment on a new car. Now if you were trying to do something like put a CSRT4 engine with a turbo in there, I might change my mind.
What do you mean by a CSRT4. I’m currently in an engine swap and wanting to know what I can put in my car before I buy.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
That just refers to the Caliber SRT4 engine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts