Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Dodge Avenger Express 2.4 l4. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to purchase a 2011 3.6 V6 Avenger engine and put it in my vehicle. Is there anything I should worry about? Is this relatively easy to do?

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
ANYTHING is possible, with enough time and money(patience doesn't hurt either). There are a lot of small parts and details involved in making such a swap(wiring harness,computer, hoses), I would NOT call this a relatively easy thing to do without a full informed manual for both available along with a well equipped shop to do it in.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
ANYTHING is possible, with enough time and money(patience doesn't hurt either). There are a lot of small parts and details involved in making such a swap(wiring harness,computer, hoses), I would NOT call this a relatively easy thing to do without a full informed manual for both available along with a well equipped shop to do it in.
Don’t forget that the transmission is different even if the 2.4 is already equipped with the 6spd...

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you will enjoy working on this project regardless of cost, and look forward to the feeling of accomplishment then I'd say go for it.
But if you're looking at it from a dollars and cents perspective (not just the cash outlay for the engine but the cost of your time and effort), you would achieve the same result by trading in for a used 3.6 liter Avenger and they are not hard to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts