Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 years ago my etc light came on I had the dealer replace it due to me being very busy. It ran great til about a month ago when I the light came on again I got a new etc and went to pick it up when the car went from running with a little less power to it wouldn't idle or stay running to finally i could keep it running but wouldn't go above 2000 rpm's with no power well i took it straight home which was immensely difficult. i replaced the throttle and started it and for the first 30-45 seconds it acts like it is in limp mode and then slowly comes out and acts normal-ish it acts super peppy but at the same time there is slightly delayed response. but after you shut it off and then restart it it goes back to being in limp mode and having to get it to work through to working better. i had a scan tool by vident that "said" it could do the etc learn but it was never successful or just plain failed to complete the process. any ideas how to fix this would be helpful cause i don't want to be charge $125 by the dealer to learn it if that may not be the issue. also if anyone knows a scan tool i can get to do the etc learn it would be great.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
What exactly did they replace? Was it the throttle body? You can try a hard reset of the computer by disconnecting the negative battery terminal at the jump post for about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
You can also recalibrate using the manual procedure if you search the forum.
This video shows how on the Caliber:

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Members would have to have a google account to login to view it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any idea how to share it? its 138 mb

any idea if the app sensor could cause this or something else in the etc circuit?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Did you try the relearn or hard reset?

·
Premium Member
6,563 Posts
Since you have a scanner..It would be a great help to post the actual code numbers instead of trying to fix by symptom description.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no codes since i cleared them after replacement of the throttle body the code was for the throttle suddenly closed i don't have the exact code number. that code was prior to me replacing the throttle body cause the ETC light was also on and flashing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts