Dodge Avenger Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm still getting soot on my tailpipes, but my valves look like new. The latest thing I'm doing is trying to get my ethanol content of my fuel to read lower than 5%. This way I can try to reset the composition readings of the pcm and try to retune the motor. I come to find out that while I'm tuning my engine for E85, it seems the pcm recalibrates and if I have E85 in the tank, it thinks there is no ethanol and then recalibrate the tune based on this. So If I tune for E85 and flash the pcm, the pcm recalibrate and thinks the fuel currently in the tank is Non-E85 and bases it's tune on that. So I've been running in circles trying to tune my engine one E85. Once I tune the engine, it resets the alcohol content...So if I have 80% alcohol in the fuel, the pcm thinks its 0% and it will not tune properly as a flex fuel vehicle.
Chrysler's flex fuel vehicles use a math equation to figure out ethanol content and dont have an actual ethanol sensor. I'm looking into seeing if a sensor can actually be installed to help tune the pcm. I currently have an ethanol content sensor but the pcm does not read it.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts