Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was scrolling through my personal settings in the EVIC and there was one there called Voice Response which was turn off. I went to the owners manual and I didn't see any reference to it. Can someone shed a little light.

·
Registered
240 Posts
It "may" be referring to the voice response on the uConnect. Do you have the MyGig? I'll check the personal settings when I get in my car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the MyGig. The uConnect I use and I don't think it's related to that..could be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I agree that it might be related to uconnect somehow. I couldn't find anything in the manual nor have I seen it before in my evic...though maybe I somehow missed it?

·
Registered
240 Posts
So under personal settings go somewhere around to the second to last option, I'm about to get in my car in less than 10 mins, I'll check and reply when i get home.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's actually the tenth one in, not the second to last....theres quite a few more after it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
OK I checked and I am clueless right now. I know it's not with the guidance prompt in the myGig system. I turned the prompt you're referring to off and the guidance prompt in the nav was still on. I'm still looking into it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
VR?

voice responce is to the mygig. I think. Is it possible that it isvoice recognition or "VR" Check the top left hardkey on your mygig. I believe that is the "VR" button. Not sure how to turn it on and off. Press it and see what happens:thk:

·
Registered
240 Posts
voice responce is to the mygig. I think. Is it possible that it isvoice recognition or "VR" Check the top left hardkey on your mygig. I believe that is the "VR" button. Not sure how to turn it on and off. Press it and see what happens:thk:
Oh yeah, forgot to check that one. But he said he didn't have mygig... I'll check anyway.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Answer

The VR (Voice Response) on and off option is for the VR on the radio. When you press the VR button the prompt starts talking and gives you all the options avaiable to you.. for ex... Press the button, "Your choices are Frequency, next track, next station etc..." Turning VR off allows you to press the VR button and make a selection without having the options read out to you.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
The VR (Voice Response) on and off option is for the VR on the radio. When you press the VR button the prompt starts talking and gives you all the options avaiable to you.. for ex... Press the button, "Your choices are Frequency, next track, next station etc..." Turning VR off allows you to press the VR button and make a selection without having the options read out to you.

Ohhhhh cool. I didn't have time to check it out. But I recall turning it off, I think through the mygig but apparantly theres 2 ways to do it..

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Yeah, technology... I wonder what other hidden features this car has.
I was so hoping the evic had the same easter egg like the rt maggies and chargers do, where you can see 0-60 times and such. But no such luck. I've tryed just about everything I could and couldn't find anything. :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts