Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the exaust pipe diameter is on the 98 Dodge avenger 2.5l. I think it's 2" but want to double check with you guys before I go buying anything. Someone welded some exhaust off another car on my car from behind the catalytic converter s back so I'm not sure if exhaust pipe on my car is same size as factory. I'm working on getting new exhaust from a junkyard but if they don't have one I might have to just buy exhaust pipe and bend it to fit. This car has a lot of little things that show me the person I got it from doesn't work on cars very well. Like I had three different types of sparkplugs in it when I changed them. And this exhaust thing. And yea I'm sure more stuff will pop up as I try to get this car up to par. Anyways kind of got sidetracked....... So back to the question is the exhaust pipe 2" diameter on a 98 Dodge Avenger 2.5L. ????
Also any insight on whether you think having some random exhaust welded on would damage something like the catalytic converter or something, cuz that's what I'm scared of and why I think it should come off and go back to original exhaust if possible. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
IF you have the original muffler, the inlet size is a 2" clamp, The exhaust overall is fairly "convoluted with bends and slight dia. changes to say that the whole length is 2". Take a look at rockauto for exhaust on these rides, at least their info will give you a good idea of what it is and what you may be able to do with yours.
Good luck!....BTW, mine is still all original except for flex couplers(replaced 2x now) and pipes/muffler still "hanging in there".

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on. Thanks I been looking at the exhaust on Rock Auto. Been thinking bout buying the resonator pipe from there but it's expensive and I'm try the local junkyard first. Thanks for your help and quick reply.

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Good luck to you in getting one from a salvage yard, it should be a LOT lees expensive. Up here in NY...These cars are extremely rare to find...on the road or in salvage yards. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here in Washington there not all that common either. But I know the junkyard has a 96 with the 2.5l in it and a couple of Chrysler Sebring a so I'm hoping one of them still gotta a good exhaust. I emailed them still waiting for a response. It's cool my local junkyard has a website where you can search what cars they have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts