Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i was wondering if any of you knew whether or not installing an after market, performance exhaust would void my warranty?? i really want to get one put on but dont want to mess up my warranty ya know?? thanks

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
We had several members replace the exhaust system on the other forumZ and it was never a warranty issue. I see this is your first post so why not do an introductory post in the newbie section and tell us about you and your Avenger. Post pics to, we like pics. I almost forgot, welcome to the best Avenger sit on the net.

·
Registered
565 Posts
It's illegal for a dealer to void a warranty because you install aftermarket parts...

However, If the installed aftermarket part directly caused a warranted part to fail. Then you are liable for the repair of the part. The warranty is null and void for the damaged part.

search for "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act".

This act basically allows for the existence of aftermarket vendors and helps protects consumers.

- Dan M

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks DM6156 I was trying to find info on that, I have been wanting to chip my car und change the exhaust but was unsure of the warranty. And of course the dealership is not willing to encourage modifications.

·
Registered
565 Posts
as long as the upgrades don't damage parts under warranty, you'll be fine. If you run into any issue with dealer complaining about upgrades, simply remind them of the law.

I know some dealers do sell and install performance parts that are non mopar but most don't.

- Dan M

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replies guys, it helped a lot. im super psyched to get the exhaust now, I got an SXT with the V6 in it. The place im getting it done at just does flowmaster, not that im complaining, but I was thinking of going with the flowmaster super 40. do you guys have any other suggestions, I want the best sound I can get out of my avenger, strike fear in all those ricers..haha..

·
Registered
565 Posts
I've not listen to the super 40, but it comes down to how loud do you want it inside the car.

I'm getting a flowmaster 50 series SUV installed on my dakota on wednesday.

The 50 SUV is a little quieter inside the cab than the 50 delta, at least, from what I've been told and read online.

check out the flowmaster website and look a the exterior sound volume and interrior resonance.

- Dan M

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i saw there were some pics up of the under side of an RT, are both the SXTs and RTs the same? because I called one place and they told me that I couldnt put duals on it for some reason. thanks.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
i saw there were some pics up of the under side of an RT, are both the SXTs and RTs the same? because I called one place and they told me that I couldnt put duals on it for some reason. thanks.

Hmmn....thats a good question. I don't think there are pics up yet of the underside of an RT...maybe parts diagrams....i think theres a thread on it..

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
There's a fellow that goes to a forum that I belong too that has modded his exhaust. There are more pictures than this, If I find them I'll post them.
http://www.**************/forums/showthread.php?t=183864&page=1

I see it won't allow the whole address. What's missing is Dodge talk .com. No spaces. I have to space it because it wouldn't post the name together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.