Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know one of the guys on here works at a Dodge dealer.. Can you find for sure, if the exhaust set up on the AWD is the same as the FWD.. As near as I can tell it is. I know schematics were posted of the 3 different exhaust setup... hopefully it is the same...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I know one of the guys on here works at a Dodge dealer.. Can you find for sure, if the exhaust set up on the AWD is the same as the FWD.. As near as I can tell it is. I know schematics were posted of the 3 different exhaust setup... hopefully it is the same...
the AWD set up is more straight down the middle along side the drive shaft.....the fuel tank is a saddle style so both exhaust/drive shaft go down the middle. We should have easy time with exhaust.:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
soo will it be the same then as what Ron designed? or does it need to be changed a bit...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
It is not enough room at all to make true duals, i already tried that!!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if there are slight placement differences between the FWD and AWD. I may have to just order the muffler and tips from them and have something done here.. I would hate to order the whole exhaust and not have it fit....

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Yeah, I don't blame you on that one. You may want to get some measurements of the system, and then take some of the underneath and compare the two. That way you don't have to buy anything right now, and you will be certain it will fit!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There is a Midas near my house. I know then very well.... i will see what the say.. The put the exhaust on my Dakota... had a Ravin muffler.. liked it alot...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i know they dont,, but I can order the muffle and tips from them.. and have them put on.. BUllet already enquired about the price of the muffler alone....Trust me.. Some how i am getting the Zoomers on my car

·
Registered
113 Posts
are you going to get the Zoomers exhaust?
I mite....it sounds nice. I have 2 shops i use for all my cars. I'll take mine in to see how much room we have on the AWD. Can't do it till late next week. I looked under it on the street....only tight spot seem to be at fuel tank area. 3" duals dowm the middle tight together off of new headers.:158: That would be nice.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am gonna print off the pics and take my car and have it looked at this weekend.. see what i can find out

·
Registered
75 Posts
We might have to design a system for the AWD because I think that the Gas tank is carved out in the center of the car instad off to the side like in the FWD car to allow for the drive shaft. Also the muffler might have to be relocated because of drive shaft clearence. You say you're going to snap a photo for us to see?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
will the pics help you determine any needed changed for the AWD?.. or will you need to get one.... just incase.... how much for just the muffle and 2 short barrel tips?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts