Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there!

Anyone have any experiences with Monroe Quick Struts on their Avenger? I have a 2008 SXT 2.4L and thinking of buying them but i'm still not 100% sure because of some bad reviews i've read of them.
Some people like them very much but then again some people have had problems with theirs such as knocking noise and strut failures withing just few thousand miles.
I'm replacing my original struts because they have done +150k km and strut mounts are making knocking noise and one of them even makes cricket noise.

So any experiences?

Thanks.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I replaced my oem shocks and struts with Monroe .. no issues thus far.. I even posted a few pics

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice to hear. I remember seeing your post about that. How they ride compared to stock ones? Softer/tighter?
I'm getting bored on those noises. LOL

·
Registered
268 Posts
Alot smoother, although I do have 20 inch rims and 245/35/20 TIRES .. which alters the smoothness of the ride.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Low profile tires should still not cause clunking noises if suspension is in OK condition even they do give it more harsh ride.
I know that something like original tire size would give it a lot smoother ride but it's not the ride quality i'm complaining about it's the clunking noises. LOL
And as a winter tires i use size 235/50R18 which has higher sidewall + the rubber compound is softer on these spiked winter tires.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I was thinking about using the quick struts on our '08 Sebring. Pretty sure the pass strut mount is shot and the oem struts have 123k on them so there's no sense in just replacing the mount.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you also have clunking noises on your Sebring?
I think my all 4 corners are clunking and i think the front strut bearings are bad because they make creaking noises when turning the wheel.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Do you also have clunking noises on your Sebring?
I think my all 4 corners are clunking and i think the front strut bearings are bad because they make creaking noises when turning the wheel.
There is a bad clunk on the pass side front only, no creaking noises though.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup.
I don't mind if the ride is little rough with good looking wheel/tire setup but why i asked about the ride quality was because i wanted to know what to expect from Monroe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts